If you want to take boring salads to the next level, you've come to the right place. We happen to know a few things about how to up your salad game without a lot of effort. By incorporating our THC-infused olive oil into your homemade salad dressing recipes, you can achieve incredible flavor and some pretty amazing effects too. Trust us; you never have to make, or eat, a sad, boring salad again!
Be mindful of your dosage when using THC or CBD.
A standard dose of THC in an edible is 5-10 mg, so calculate accordingly. Click here for information about dosing and potency.
Start with a low dose and wait at least an hour before slowly consuming more, as the effects of ingested cannabis can take longer to kick in and can affect people differently.
The Key To This Salad Dressing Recipe: Infusion
Olive oil is already a kitchen staple, renowned for its health benefits and its versatility in the kitchen. When infused with THC, it becomes a multifaceted ingredient that enhances taste and offers a uniquely chill dining experience.
The How-To: Tips For Crafting Top-Notch THC-Infused Olive Oil
We use a particularly efficient and precise method involving an Instant Pot for making our THC-infused olive oil. While we won't get into the recipe here, know that this technique offers speed and more precision than other methods. The result? A high-quality THC-infused olive oil that's perfect for adding a little dose of cannabis to just about anything, including homemade salad dressings.
Weed has evolved a lot over the last couple of decades, but so have the kitchen tools we can use to cook with it. We’re fans of the tried and true method for making THC oil and canna butter, but if you’ve got an InstantPot sitting around, you can streamline your infusions–and leave the pressure cooker to do all the work!
How do you make salad less boring? THC-Infused Salad Dressing
Creating a THC-infused salad dressing is surprisingly simple:
- Choose Your Flavor Profile: Decide on the dressing you want to make—vinaigrette, creamy, or herb-based. All are great choices!
- Measure with Care: Replace a very small amount of the oil that is called for in your recipe with THC-infused olive oil. Be cautious with the quantities to ensure proper dosage.
- Mix and Taste: Blend the ingredients and adjust the seasoning. Do a taste test to make sure everything's perfectly balanced. The flavor of cannabis can be very overpowering to other components in your salad dressing recipe, so start with a low dose and taste. Then, you can add more if you think you need it.
While we are BIG fans of our infused Oregano Vinaigrette, we love the salad dressing recipes below, too and we think they would be delicious with a bit of THC oil infused into them.
Getting the Dosage Right
Proper measurement is crucial when it comes to infusing any foods with THC. The general guideline is to aim for 5-10 mg of THC per serving. Always start with a smaller dose and adjust as necessary.
Safety First: A Few Precautions Before You Partake.
Before diving into the world of THC-infused culinary delights, ensure you're aware of the legal status of cannabis in your jurisdiction. Consult a healthcare provider if you have medical concerns or are on medication.
Using THC-infused olive oil in your salad dressing is an elegant way to elevate your meals. It's straightforward, versatile, and opens up a new world of flavor and experience.
Don't forget to share your THC-infused salad dressing masterpieces by snapping a pic and tagging us on social media using #CookingWithJaneAndMary.
Looking for more inspiration? Follow us on Instagram for your daily dose of culinary creativity!
Herb-Infused Balsamic Vinaigrette
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon JAM infused olive oil. Click here for the recipe.
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- If using a stick blender, combine all ingredients in a mason jar or narrow round container, then blend until aerated and creamy.
- If whisking by hand, combine the balsamic vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, oregano, salt, and pepper in a wide mixing bowl. Stir to combine, then place on a damp towel to hold the bowl in place. Begin whisking, then slowly drizzle in the the olive oils–if you pour too fast, you’ll break the emulsion. (The flavors will mostly taste the same, but the oil and liquid will separate and won’t coat the salad evenly.)
- To store, transfer the dressing to a jar or sealable container, and keep refrigerated until ready to use!