When you combine everyone's favorite movie snack with the magic of cannabis, you bring "Netflix and chill" to a whole new level. This herbaceous recipe combines the irresistible crunch of popcorn with the delightful effects of cannabis. Our Herbed Weed Popcorn will leave your taste buds dancing and your munchies thoroughly satisfied!
A note from the JAM team: Always start with a low dosage and wait for at least an hour before indulging in more. Edibles can take time to kick in, and the last thing you want is to turn your movie night into a cosmic adventure that leaves you feeling overwhelmed!
The Popcorn Potency
Before we dive into the fun stuff, let's address the most crucial aspect - potency. The secret to crafting the perfect weed popcorn lies in the cannabis-infused butter. You'll need to infuse your butter with cannabis to unlock its euphoric potential. Our well-tested recipe for perfect canna butter is below. This weed popcorn recipe blends just a teaspoon of the potent THC-infused butter with regular unsalted butter.
How to Make Weed Popcorn
Once you've made the canna butter you can get to the fun stuff — adding flavorful herbs and spices to your popped corn. Here's what you'll need to make it.
- Canna butter - just a little dab will do 'ya.
- Unsalted butter - because everyone loves buttery popcorn.
- Oregano, dill, thyme, and red pepper flakes - hello flavor explosion!
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese - adds even more flavor to the mix.
The herbs are gently warmed in the melted butters to release all their flavor potential. Then the herbed canna butter mixture is drizzled over popped popcorn and topped with a mountain of freshly grated Parmesan. Shaking the mixture in a brown paper bag ensures that the butter and cheese is evenly mixed. Pour the popcorn into a bowl and get ready for a good time.
Weed Popcorn Pairings and Movie Magic
Pairing your cannabis-infused "potcorn" with the perfect movie is the ultimate winning combination. Whether you're in the mood for a hilarious comedy (think Harold and Kumar Go to Whitecastle), an action-packed adventure (check out Pineapple Express), or a heartwarming rom-com (we suggest Meet the Millers), this snack is the ideal companion for your cinematic escape.
Weed popcorn is the ideal blend of fun, flavor, and cannabis-infused relaxation. With a little creativity and a touch of THC, you can turn your movie nights into a popcorn-filled, high-flying adventure. So, gather your friends, fire up the screen, and let the weed popcorn take your movie nights to a whole new level of entertainment! Enjoy responsibly and pop on!
Still Got the Munchies? Here's What to Snack on Next
THC-Infused Magic Shell
Our take on this nostalgic ice cream topping adds a light touch of cannabis that is sure to keep the (ice cream) party going.
Herbed Weed Popcorn (Potcorn)
- Small Skillet
- Air Popper
- 1 teaspoon cannabis-infused butter
- 3 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ cup popcorn kernels
- ¼ cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt plus more to taste
- Heat the butters in a small skillet over medium heat. Once they start to shimmer, stir in the oregano, dill, thyme and crushed red pepper flakes, then turn off the heat so the herbs and pepper can infuse the oil. Let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- While the butter infuses, pop the popcorn kernels in an air popper, covered skillet, or using your favorite method. Transfer it to a large paper bag. While the popped kernels are still warm, drizzle the butter mixture over, then close the bag and shake to coat the popcorn. Sprinkle on the cheese and season with salt, close the bag, and shake again to combine. Add more salt and/or red pepper flakes to taste, and serve!
Be mindful of your dosage when using THC or CBD.
A standard dose of THC in an edible is 5-10 mg, so calculate accordingly. Click here for information about dosing and potency.
Start with a low dose and wait at least an hour before slowly consuming more, as the effects of ingested cannabis can take longer to kick in and can affect people differently.